Monday, February 22, 2010

Lasting Love..............



So it is definately past Valentine's Day now.....by a little more than a week. But since I was in a blog writing slump, that I just dragged myself out of within the last couple of days, I thought I would post this.
We awoke Valentine's Day morning to find a sweet to eat....and a sweet to read! Gary and I each had one of these on our own individual nightstand! Simple. Sweet. Loving. And put oh so quiet and gingerly without waking us. All done by the best two kids in the world.
I wish I could have been there seeing them come up with this idea. Seeing their excitement to surprise mommy and daddy. But instead, I will be happy with the surprise itself!
Our children can be a lot of things. Lots of the traditional things kids do. Then usually, at least once a day, sometimes more, they stop us in our tracks with their sweet ways. It may be something they say, a look they give us, a hug which always feels like pure love, or even something they make for us....like they did on Valentine's Day morning....on their own.
A lot of people think about love, especially on Valentine's Day. I am so glad we don't just have to think about it...we get to live it every single day with these utterly amazing blessings that God gave to us.
They are truly our neverending and lasting love that tops the list of our many blessings!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment