Saturday, February 13, 2010

Thankful.......




Today we went to our volunteer time for the Disney's Give a Day, Get a Day program. For those that do not know about it, you give of your time as a volunteer, and in return are given a voucher to be turned in for a free ticket at Disney World or DisneyLand. So when we heard about this....it didn't take long to realize we were definitely going to participate.
The time that we ended up with was to spend time writing/drawing thank-you cards for the troops overseas. We also were able to help out with care packages for all of these AMAZING men and women both here and abroad who give of themselves everyday for all of us to enjoy the freedom and comforts we afford as we live in the USA while being protected and defended.
As I worked on my cards, I tried to come up with words to whoever would be reading it that would somehow convey that I really am thankful. Nothing I could come up with seemed good enough. How do you really thank someone for doing what our service men and women do?
It is overwhelming to sit and think about. So, I just tried to write from the heart and hope that when they read the cards all of us wrote, God will provide them with the knowledge to fully understand just how special they are. And how brave.
So tonight while I cannot avoid feeling thankful that we will be able to enjoy our day at Disney together. I will choose to focus on the much more important reason to be thankful, from the bottom of my heart. For all the men and women; in the past, present and future; that protect all of us..................
THANK-YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are truely heroes and totally amazing!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment